ASEAN Illustration Contest
How to take part
The competition is open to:
- Illustrators, including professionals and newcomers – who live and work in the ten ASEAN member countries – submitting unpublished works or works published in children’s books, and comics or graphic novels published between January 2016 and June 2017
- Art colleges submitting projects produced by their students in the last two years of study
- Publishers presenting their illustrators*
There are three awarding categories:
The ASEAN children’s book illustrator Award of Excellence, US$5,000*
The ASEAN children’s book illustrator Best in Fiction, US$2,500*
The ASEAN children’s book illustrator Best in Non-fiction, US$2,500**Subject to Thailand’s withholding tax
Online Submission Rules and Regulations
Online Submission System is open until 15 October 2017.
- Contestant is required to submit 5 illustrations (fixed number), unpublished or published after 1 January 2016, in black and white or color, produced using any technique, including computer graphics (in case of mixed technique).
- The illustrations must be based on the same theme and must be numbered from 1 to 5 in the desired order. The number of illustrations (5) is mandatory. Submission of any other number of works will be rejected.
- Contestant is required to register and upload one high-resolution digital copy (1 MB minimum) and one thumbnail-sized copy in jpeg/jpg format for each image HERE
maximum size of the original artwork:
- Fiction 32 x 42 cm (or 42 x 32 cm)
- Non-Fiction 50 x 70 cm (or 70 x 50 cm)