Rules and Regulations
ASEAN Illustration Contest
Who is encouraged to participate
- Illustrators, including professionals and newcomers – who live in the ten ASEAN member countries – submitting unpublished works or works published in children’s books, and comics or graphic novels published between 1 November 2017 and 31 August 2018
- Art colleges submitting projects produced by their students in the last two years of study*
- Publishers presenting their illustrators*
- The ASEAN Children’s Book Illustrator Award of Excellence, USD 5,000*
- The ASEAN Children’s Book Illustrator Best in Fiction, USD 2,500*
- The ASEAN Children’s Book Illustrator Best in Non-fiction, USD 2,500*
- The ASEAN Children’s Book Illustrator Rising Star Award, USD 500* per award (total 5 awards)
Online Submission Rules and Regulations
- Online submission system is open until 31 August 2018.
- Contestant is required to register and upload high-resolution digital files (1 MB minimum) on http://iccrfthailand.com
- Contestant is required to submit 5 illustrations (fixed number), unpublished or published works between 1 November 2017 and 31 August 2018, in black and white or color, produced using any technique, including computer graphics.
- The illustrations must be based on the same theme (the same story) and must be numbered from 1 to 5 in the desired order. The number of illustrations (5) is mandatory. Submission of any other number of works will be rejected.
- For published works, contestant is required to send a published book via post office. The due date is based on the stamp. Attn: Miss Wiranee Kongchan Address: PCO Department, 3rd Floor, Zone D, 60 Queen Sirikit National Convention Center, New Ratchadapisek Road, Klongtoey, Bangkok 10110, Thailand
- For unpublished works, contestant is required to submit the name of entry and a brief description of story between 200 – 250 words.
- Contestant can submit illustrations more than one entry.
Maximum Size of the Original Artwork
- Fiction: 32 x 42 cm (or 42 x 32 cm)
- Non-Fiction: 50 x 70 cm (or 70 x 50 cm)
By participating in this contest, the contestant agrees to permit his/her submitted illustrations to be published or used in any public relations materials of ICCRF. The art colleges or the publishers submitting their students or illustrators’ works shall inform the latter regarding this condition.
For more information, please contact us at http://iccrfthailand.com or +66 2229 3343.